Jobs and Growth Fund
The Jobs and Growth Fund provides funding to businesses and organizations to help create jobs and position local economies for long-term growth. The Fund, delivered by Canada's regional development agencies (RDAs), provides $700 million nationally over three years, which includes up to $70 million dedicated to businesses created after January 2020 that meet eligibility criteria.
In the territories, the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor) is investing $21 million to help job creators and the organizations that support them to future-proof their businesses, build resiliency and prepare for growth by transitioning to a green economy, fostering an inclusive recovery, enhancing competitiveness, and creating jobs in every corner of the country.
- Businesses, including co-operatives.
- Not-for-profit organizations and community economic development partners.
- Indigenous-led organizations and/or businesses are strongly encouraged to apply. Under the initiative, RDAs may contribute up to 100 percent of eligible project costs for projects with Indigenous clients.
Activities that support the transition to a green economy, including those that:
- Support the development and adoption of clean technology.
- Help communities and businesses plan and drive clean, sustainable economic growth.
- Partner with organizations to catalyze the development of green regional clusters.
- Work with organizations supporting businesses to transition to a green economy.
Activities that foster an inclusive recovery, including those that:
- Support businesses owned or majority-led by underrepresented groups, such as Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, women, youth, LGBTQ2, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and members of official language minority communities.
- Increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the economy by supporting not-for-profit organizations that provide funding, business services, training and access to resources to build a more inclusive and equitable workforce.
Activities that preserve Canada's competitiveness and future-proof SMEs through digital adoption, including those that:
- Support the development or adoption of digital and technological solutions (i.e. Industry 4.0 solutions) to increase and promote business productivity.
- Invest in technologies that help scale businesses, enhance their capabilities and increase resilience.
Activities that strengthen capacity in sectors critical to Canada's recovery and growth, including those that:
- Support scale-up and market expansion activities that bolster traditional areas of strength.
- Develop emerging areas of global competitive advantage.
- Support supply chain adaptation and diversification opportunities to build Canadian capacity in critical sectors such as food production, medical supplies and biomanufacturing.
- Eligible businesses could receive interest-free repayable contributions for up to 50 percent of eligible costs.
- Eligible not-for profit organizations could receive non-repayable contributions for up to 90 percent of eligible costs.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous intake basis until such time as the funding is fully allocated.
For more information about the Jobs and Growth Fund, please contact us by email at email@example.com or reach out to one of our regional offices.