2021-2022 Expression of Interest
2021-2022 ᐆᑦᑐᕈᒪᔪᖃᕐᓂᖅᑲᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ
The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency’s Expression of Interest (EOI) for new single or multi-year projects starting in the 2021-2022 fiscal year closed on February 5, 2021. EOIs submitted past this date will only be considered should funding remain following the completion of the initial EOI assessment process.
As part of this EOI, priority will be given to projects that address one or more of the following business and community economic development priorities, in line with the four key themes of CanNor’s Pan-Territorial Growth Strategy:
- Diversification and Innovation - including:
- Business Scale up and Market Expansion – projects that help businesses to accelerate their growth and assist with the adoption of innovative technologies that support scale-up, productivity and global competitiveness (e.g. clean technologies).
- Regional Innovation Ecosystems – projects that help create, grow and develop strong and inclusive regional networks that support business growth and innovation, that foster the entrepreneurial environment, and that increase the competitiveness of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Indigenous Economic Development – projects that support and increase the participation of northern Indigenous communities and businesses in economic opportunities (e.g. tourism).
- Sector Development – projects that foster the development and growth of key sectors (e.g. tourism, fisheries, agriculture & food systems) in a manner which increases community capacity and maximizes jobs and wealth within the territories.
- Infrastructure Investments and Development – projects that leverage other investments to maximize local and regional opportunities by closing the economic infrastructure gap, as well as by supporting broadband and clean technology initiatives.
- Resource Development – projects that support the development and growth of SMEs within the supply chain and remediation sectors, as well as the development of innovative mining techniques and clean technology innovation.
- Skilled Workforce – projects that will increase the availability and quality of pre-employment and targeted job skills training based on industry demand, through support for curriculum development, equipment and infrastructure investments.
- Economic Recovery & Stabilization – projects that support communities, not for profit organizations and SMEs in the economic recovery of their sector (e.g. tourism).
See Applicant Guide for examples of the types of projects that may be eligible under each of the above priority areas.
All EOIs must be submitted to CanNor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the EOI Form and EOI Applicant Guide.
Only successful EOI applicants will be invited to submit full applications. EOIs submitted past the February 5, 2021 deadline will only be considered should funding remain following the completion of the initial EOI assessment process.
For any questions surrounding this EOI process, please don’t hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com, or reach out to your regional office by phone.
Nunavut Regional Office
Yukon Regional Office