2022-2023 Expression of Interest
The Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency’s Expressions of Interest (EOI) for new single or multi-year projects starting in the 2022-2023 fiscal year closed on December 15, 2021.
If you missed the deadline but have a project or an idea you would like to discuss, contact your CanNor regional office to explore other possible funding options (if available).
As part of this EOI, priority will be given to projects that address one or more of the following business and community economic development priorities; in line with the four key themes of CanNor's Pan-Territorial Growth Strategy:
- Diversification and Innovation — including:
- Business Scale up and Market Expansion — projects that help businesses to accelerate their growth and assist with the adoption of innovative technologies that support scale-up, productivity and global competitiveness (e.g. clean technologies, digital adoption, e-commerce offerings).
- Regional Innovation Ecosystems — projects that help create, grow and develop strong and inclusive (e.g., women, youth, Indigenous peoples) regional networks that support business growth and innovation, that foster the entrepreneurial environment, and that increase the competitiveness of SMEs.
- Indigenous Economic Development — projects that support and increase the participation of northern Indigenous communities and businesses in economic opportunities (e.g. tourism, blue economy, mineral sector).
- Sector Development — projects that foster the development and growth of key sectors (e.g. tourism, arts and culture, fisheries, food systems) in a manner which increases community capacity, maximizes jobs, and enhances long-term wellbeing (e.g., circular economy) within the territories.
- Infrastructure Investments and Development — projects that leverage other investments to maximize local and regional opportunities by closing the economic infrastructure gap, as well as by supporting broadband and clean technology initiatives.
- Resource Development — projects that support the development and growth of SMEs within the supply chain and remediation sectors, as well as the exploration and development of critical minerals, innovative mining techniques and clean technology innovation.
- Skilled Workforce — projects that will increase the availability and quality of pre-employment and targeted job skills training based on industry demand, through support for curriculum development, equipment and infrastructure investments.
- Economic Recovery & Stabilization — projects that support communities, not for profit organizations and SMEs in the economic recovery of their sector (e.g. tourism).
See EOI Guide for examples of the types of projects that may be eligible under each of the above priority areas.
Only successful EOI applicants will be invited to submit full applications. EOI submitted past this deadline will only be considered should funding remain following the completion of the initial EOI assessment process.
For any questions surrounding this EOI process, please don't hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your regional office by phone.