The Estimates Documents
The Estimates of the Government of Canada are structured in several parts. Beginning with an overview of total government spending in Part I, the documents become increasingly more specific. Part II outlines spending according to departments, agencies and programs and contains the proposed wording of the conditions governing spending which Parliament will be asked to approve.
The Report on Plans and Priorities provides additional detail on each department and its programs primarily in terms of more strategically oriented planning and results information with a focus on outcomes.
The Departmental Performance Report provides a focus on results-based accountability by reporting on accomplishments achieved against the performance expectations and results commitments as set out in the spring Report on Plans and Priorities.
The Part I, Part II and Report on Plans and Priorities documents, along with the Minister of Finance's Budget, reflect the government's annual budget planning and resource allocation priorities. In combination with subsequent reporting of financial results in the Public Accounts and of accomplishments achieved in Departmental Performance Reports, this material helps Parliament hold the government to account for the allocation and management of public funds.
Departmental Results Report
Reports on Plans and Priorities
- 2016-2017 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2015-2016 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2014-2015 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2013-2014 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2012-2013 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2011-2012 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2010-2011 Report on Plans and Priorities
Departmental Performance Report
- 2016-2017 Departmental Results Report
- 2015-2016 Departmental Performance Report
- 2014-2015 Departmental Performance Report
- 2013-2014 Departmental Performance Report
- 2012-2013 Departmental Performance Report
- 2011-2012 Departmental Performance Report
- 2010-2011 Departmental Performance Report
- Since CanNor was established mid-year the Agency reported on its performance activities for 2009-2010 through the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada's Departmental Performance Report.